Friday, August 29, 2008

Nie Nie Day



Attached is a letter from one of my friends from San Antonio.

"Hey friends and family,

I'm sending out this email to let everyone know that today is officially Nie Nie day. (What is that?, you ask.)

My brother and his wife (Christian and Stephanie) were flying home from my dad's ranch in NM about two weeks ago when their plane crashed. The pilot died and they were both burned. My brother, on 30 % of his body, and Stephanie, on 80% of hers. They are both in critical condition at the Maricopa Burn Center in Phoenix. They have four children, Claire (6), Jane (5), Oliver (3), and Nicolas (18 months).

Stephanie is an avid blogger. Check out her blog if you have time. http://www.nieniedialogues.blogspot.com/ Her blog is so popular that she has made friends all over the world (literally) who love reading about her daily life of being a wife and mother.

Anyway, to make a long story short, her blogger friends from all over are putting together a silent auction to benefit the Nie Nie recovery fund for Christian and Stephanie. They have health insurance but that will not pay for any cosmetic surgery that Stephanie will most likely need and additional medical expenses that will acrue over time.

The list of items up for auction can be found on this website www.designmom.com

She has a list with links to the individual sites where you can view the items and bid in the comments section. There are some seriously cute items up for grabs. (very Anthropologie/vintage type stuff; in honor of Steph). For those of you in Utah and Arizona, there are some sweet local things for sale, including tickets to Maroon Five (they know somebody in the band). So just check it out and see if you take a fancy to anything. And spread the word if you know of anyone who would be interested in purchasing cute stuff for a good cause.

Thanks,
Heidi

2 comments:

Jodie said...

Oh my goodness, a friend that blogs is also friends with his family. She was good friends with his older sister who died of cancer a few yrs ago. What a small world. Bless their hearts, I have looked at the blogs, it breaks my heart.

TeamDewees said...

WHoa...that is horrible. I checked your blog today after searching through emails trying to find the web address for it again. I figured I would try to get in touch with what's going on with you. I have a few blogs that I have been frequenting daily. Call me. They are in my prayers and I am going to go check the site out so I can bid. They need all the prayers they can get. Courtney