Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Tribute to Gordon B. Hinkley from Glenn Beck



My 3 girls and I were reading our scriptures on Sunday night and were reading in Alma chapter 24 about the Anit Nephi Lehi people who had put up their weapons of war and thousands were killed. And then in verse 22 its says:
22 And thus without meeting any resistance, they did slay a athousand and five of them; and we know that they are blessed, for they have gone to dwell with their God.

After reading this powerful scripture, my girls said, mom, "When Gordon B. Hinkley dies he will dwell with God, right?" I told them that they were right. After talking about our prophet the girls told me that he would probably die of old age soon. Then after I put them to bed, a friend of mine told me the news. It is amazing how children teach us so... much. It was a tender moment in our house.

No comments: